Terms and Modifications
At this time, there is no cost for using the basic or premium services of this Site. From time to time there may be premium content available via subscription or surcharge, and those areas will be clearly marked. Because this is an advertising-supported service, we encourage you to patronize the advertisers who help make this service possible.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any usernames or passwords issued to you for your use of or access to this Site and you agree not to allow any other person or entity to use any usernames or passwords that are issued to you. You will be responsible for all activity that occurs (whether by you or by others) under your user account or password. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or username or any other breach of security and to let us know if you wish to cancel a username or password. You also agree to exit from your account at the end of each session. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations. We reserve the right to delete or change any username or password at any time and for any reason.
USE OF THIS SITE
Our Intellectual Property
This Site and the material on the Site is owned by us and third party providers and is protected by international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. This Site and the content provided in this Site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed without our written permission, except that you may download, display and print one copy of the materials presented on this Site on a single computer for your personal, non-commercial use only. "Deep-linking," "embedding" or using analogous technology is strictly prohibited unless specifically authorized in writing. Unauthorized use of this Site or the materials contained on this Site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws. You must retain all copyright and trademark notices, and any other proprietary notices, contained in the materials. The use of such materials on any other web site or in any environment of networked computers is prohibited. You may establish a hypertext link to this Site provided the link does not state or imply our sponsorship of the other site and further provided that you do not frame any of the content of the Site or incorporate into another website or other service any of our intellectual property.
Content Submitted by You (“Submissions”)
"Submissions" means all comments, feedback, suggestions, e-mail and similar information or materials you submit to us including posting comments to blogs, stories, and community forums, submitting letters to the editor, and submitting manuscripts, articles, photographs, videos, artwork or other material. In sending the material, you are representing and agreeing that:
- You are the author of the Submission or that you are making the Submission with the express permission of the author/owner.
- The Submission is free from restrictions on publication and does not infringe or violate any existing copyright or other property right that exists in favor of any other person or entity.
- You are granting us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, transmit, sell, exploit, create derivative works from, distribute and or display such Submission, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium now known or hereafter developed.
- You automatically waive any claim that any use of such content violates any of your rights, including privacy rights, publicity rights, moral rights or any other right, including the right to approve the way we use such content.
- You are responsible for the content of all Submissions and acknowledge that third parties may hold you responsible for content related claims including libel, invasion of privacy, misappropriation of likeness and disclosure of confidential information.
- You shall indemnify, defend and hold us, our parent company and our affiliated entities (including our officers, directors, owners, agents and employees) harmless from all liability and costs incurred by those indemnified in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of the above representations and warranties and for any claims related to the content or your Submissions.
- We have the right to disclose any information that we believe necessary to comply with any law, regulation or governmental request or that information that could prevent or assist in the resolution of any criminal, illegal, or inappropriate activity.
- Include any information that is false, misleading or inaccurate.
- Use the Site for any unlawful purpose or to transmit any material that contains a virus.
- Use the Site to encourage others to engage in illegal activities or activities that could cause injury to persons or property.
- Use the Site to upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, privacy, publicity or other proprietary rights of any party.
- Use the Site to upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available content that is harmful to minors in any way, or that is harassing, harmful, threatening, abusive, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, libelous, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Use any portion of the Site for uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available junk mail, commercial advertisements, or any other form of commercial solicitation.
- Attempt to interfere with any other person's use of the Site.
- Misrepresent your identity or impersonate any person.
- Hold yourself out as sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with us.
- Attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software programs used by us or in connection with the Site.
To register a complaint about another user's conduct, please send a message to our Online Editor
Some areas of our Site may allow you to purchase items or services from us or from third parties. We are not responsible for any interactions between you and third parties or for the timeliness, accuracy or quality of items purchased from them. You should review third party’s practices and policies prior to purchasing items as their practices and policies may differ from ours. When you purchase items or services from our Site, you may be subject to additional terms and conditions that specifically apply to the items you are purchasing. You are financially responsible for all purchases made by you or someone using your account.
Links to Other Sites
Any links from this Site to other websites are provided for your information and convenience only. We do not assume any responsibility or liability with respect to any website linked from this Site (or any website linking to this Site). We do not review or monitor such links. A link from this Site to another website (or a link from another website to this Site) does not constitute a referral, endorsement, approval, advertising, offer or solicitation with respect to such website, its contents, or any products or services advertised or distributed through that website. The privacy policies of other sites may differ from ours so if you have questions about other sites’ privacy policies, please contact them directly.
EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY
We MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING THIS SITE AND/OR ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THIS SITE, ALL OF WHICH ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. We DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OF THE CONTENT OR DATA FOUND ON THIS SITE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
We do not warrant that the Site or any of its components will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Site is free of viruses. There may be delays, omissions, interruptions and inaccuracies in the news, information (including financial information such as stock quotes) or other materials on the Site. None of the information contained in this Site shall be construed as an indication of our views, opinions or recommendation, or endorsement thereof.
We provide what we believe to be useful, current and accurate information regarding healthcare, real estate, career advice, automotive and used car valuations, employment opportunities and many other areas. However, we do not make any representations, nor do we warrant the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any advice, opinions, or materials on these components of the Site. The material and content contained therein is for general information only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Users of these areas should not rely exclusively on information provided in these areas for their own health care, real estate, automotive, career or other needs.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We, our parent, and affiliated entities ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, WHICH ARISES OUT OF OR IS IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH (1) ANY USE OF THIS SITE OR any decision made or action or non-action taken by you in reliance upon the information provided through this Site OR THE CONTENT FOUND HEREIN OR (2) OUR PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES TO YOU. Certain jurisdictions might not allow limitations on implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations, may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights to those contained herein.
COPYRIGHT ACT AGENT
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and require that people who use the website do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please forward the following information to the Copyright Agent named below:
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the alleged infringing material is located;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by you, the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Lee Enterprises, Incorporated
201 N. Harrison Street
Davenport, IA 52801
Copyright © 2011, Lee Agri-Media 09/12/07
Welcome to the web sites of Lee Agri-Media. We (which includes our parent company, Lee Enterprises, Incorporated) believe in your right to know what information is collected during your visit to our web sites and how that information is used and safeguarded.
Information Automatically Gathered About All Visitors
We collect aggregate and user-specific information on which pages consumers access or visit. This information is used to generate reports that help us assess the value of and interest in the various web sites we provide. We use the information we collect to improve the content of our web pages. We can build a better site if we know which pages our users are visiting, how often they visit and how long they stay on a page.
Our web servers automatically collect limited information about your computer's connection to the Internet, including your IP address (but not the e-mail address), when you visit our sites. Your IP address does not contain personally identifiable information, nor does it identify you personally. We use this information to deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our sites to the interests of our users, and to measure traffic within our sites.
To help make our sites more responsive to the needs of our visitors, we may utilize a standard feature of browser software called a "cookie." A cookie is a small piece of computer code that is deposited on your hard drive by our site. Browsers typically recognize when a cookie has been sent to your computer and give you the option to refuse or allow it. A cookie does not actually identify you, just the computer that you are using to access our site. A cookie cannot read data off your hard drive. Our advertisers, content partners and sites that are reached from links on our site may also assign their own cookies to your browser, a process that we cannot control.
In addition, we can access cookies later in your current session or in a later session on our site in order to improve your visit to our web site, as in the following examples:
If your use of a component of the site requires you to register, a cookie will be used to automatically identify you as a registered user when you are using our site. These cookies are known as persistent cookies and continue on your computer after the initial session in which they are created.
This cookie allows us to maintain information containing the products (like photo reprints) or services (such as placing a classified advertisement or signing up for home delivery) you are purchasing while you are online. To limit unauthorized access, this cookie, also called a session cookie, expires whenever you exit a browser session.
Like many other commercial sites, our sites may utilize an electronic file called a web beacon to count users who have visited a page or to recognize users by accessing certain cookies. Our site and/or our partner web sites use web beacons for auditing purposes and to collect information from the websites of certain partners. Information recorded through these web beacons is used to report anonymous individual and/or aggregate information about our users from our partners. Aggregate information may include demographic and usage information. No personally identifiable information about you is shared with partners. To opt-out of a third parties’ use of web beacons please click here.
Information Gathered by Voluntary Submission
To make use of certain features on our web sites (such as contests, story comments, letters to the editor, personalized web pages and other interactive forums and blogs) visitors need to register and to provide certain information as part of the registration or participation process. We may ask, for example, for your name, e-mail address, gender, age, and zip code, and we might request information on your interest in sports, personal finance, the performing arts, and the like.
The information you supply will help us offer you more personalized features, to tailor our sites to your interests and make them more useful to you. The more you tell us about yourself, the more value we can offer you. Supplying such information is entirely voluntary. But if you do not supply the information we need, we may be unable to provide you with services and content we make available to other visitors to our sites. Of course, even if you want to remain completely anonymous, you are still free to take advantage of the wealth of content that is otherwise available, without registration, on our sites.
Children under the Age of 13
If you are under the age of 13, do not send us any information about yourself such as your name, address or e-mail address. You may only send us personally identifiable information if your parents have verified to us their consent to the collection of the information.
Because we are a media company, some of our online services and content may be attractive to children. Because we strive to protect the privacy of all users of our site, including children, we endeavor to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. Our site:
- Includes our contact information.
- Explains the types of personal information we collect, and how we use it.
- Explains our practices in terms of sharing personal information with third parties.
- Allows parents to consent to the collection and use of their children’s personal information, without consenting to disclosure to third parties.
- Does not condition a child’s participation in an activity on the child’s providing more personal information than is reasonably necessary for the activity.
- Allows parents to review their child’s information, have it deleted, or refuse to permit any further collection, by contacting us.
We make a special effort to encourage children under the age of 13 to consult with their parents before furnishing any personal data. However, we also believe that parents should supervise their children's online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing their name, address, and other personal information online without parental permission. For additional information about parental control tools, please consult http://www.icra.org/_en/parents
E-mails from Us
Upon registering with our website, you may begin receiving communications from us. In addition, if you have signed up for any of our automated account services, we will send you transactional e-mails regarding the status of your account, including confirmations, notices of expiration and renewal and other related electronic correspondence. If you have signed up for any of our e-mail newsletters, you may stop receiving them if you follow the "unsubscribe" instructions located near the bottom of each newsletter. We may send you an e-mail inviting you to participate in subscriber or website user surveys. Such surveys greatly help us improve our services and the value of our web sites. Any information you give us in those surveys will not be shared with any third parties except in aggregate form.
What We Do With the Information We Gather About You
We or one of our affiliated companies may perform statistical, marketing and demographic analyses of our delivery subscribers and their subscription patterns. In addition, we may generally inform our advertisers about our subscriber base. When we present information to our advertisers -- to help them understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on our websites -- it is usually in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages within our sites. We will not share individual user information with third parties unless the user has specifically approved the release of that information. In some cases, however, we may provide information to legal officials as described in “Compliance with Legal Process” below.
In some cases, we contract with third parties to provide services on our behalf, including credit-card and bill processing, shipping, e-mail distribution, list processing and analytics or promotions management. We provide these third parties only with the information necessary for them to perform their specific services. These service providers are restricted from using this information in any way other than to provide services to us, and they may not share this information with any one else nor may they resell this data.
Compliance with Legal Process
We may disclose personal information if we or one of our affiliated companies is required by law to disclose personal information, or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to comply with a law or some legal process, to protect or defend our rights and property, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our web sites or to protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public.
A Final Note:
Last updated on 09/12/07 # 4125080_v1