John Deere announces that it will partner with the Agriculture Council of America (ACA) and other industry partners to sponsor National Ag Day, celebrated Tuesday, March 15, in Washington D.C.
Ag Day was created to recognize and celebrate the contribution of agriculture in our everyday lives,” says Barry Nelson, manager, media relations, John Deere.
“This year, on March 15, high-profile events will be held in Washington, D.C., for legislators, government officials, and industry leaders to focus public attention on the important role that farmers and ranchers play in providing an abundant, safe, and affordable supply of food, fuel and fiber.”
The ACA, John Deere, and other industry partners will sponsor students to attend the Washington D.C. events. Representatives from FFA, 4H, AFA, the Consortium, and Student NAMA will visit with legislators, participate in a mix-and-mingle luncheon, and attend special events throughout the day.
According to the ACA, the National Ag Day program increases awareness of production agriculture encourages the consuming public to:
· Understand how food and fiber products are produced.
· Appreciate the role farmers and ranchers play in providing safe, abundant and affordable products.
· Value the essential role of agriculture in maintaining a strong economy.
· Understand the need for production agriculture to feed and fuel a growing global population.
· Acknowledge and consider career opportunities in the agriculture, food and fiber industry.
For more information on Ag Day and the many events that will take place, visit www.agday.org.